Monday, October 10, 2011

t-h-r-o-u-g-h

According to my recollection, Mo learned to spell the word 'through' one day in second grade when the teacher had her get down on her knees and crawl underneath a table and out the other side saying these letters,

t - h - r - o - u - g - h

back and forth, under the table, saying the letters.

Clever teacher.

Mo hated learning to read and she hated learning to spell and she pretty much hated school because there was way too much work involved. There is hope for kids like her though. She does love to read now, and from what she tells me, she is loving what she is learning in college. And she is even doing her work - I think.

I had breakfast with a friend this morning, and while we ate I told her about something.

Something I've been t-h-r-o-u-g-h.

I realized at some point during the telling that I am truly on the other side.

It's through. I'm through.

I'm standing on the other side. The knee bruises and rug-burns are almost just memories at this point

and boy, does it feel good to know through.

4 comments:

Star Forbis said...

Love that analogy! We can get T.h.r.o.u.g.h.

Tracy P. said...

What a blessed discovery. God works!

slouchy said...

i love that story -- and that teacher.

Rachel said...

I was thinking of this post of yours this morning. Eventually, you'll be t-h-r-o-u-g-h this too. It's just hard while you're still under the table. :(