Friday, June 24, 2011

spent

A month or so of lasts. Hoopla. Some firsts. Milestone upon milestone.

Whirlwind.

Whirl.

Then quiet.

Survived.



No.

No, we enjoyed.

Joy!

We faked competence. We asked. We learned.

We smiled. She smiled.

Now we have a graduate. Now we have an adult child.

Yesterday she left for two weeks in Kenya. In sevenish weeks she will go off to college.

Away.

I feel a bit like a deflated balloon. One that spent the last month or so flying around the room as its insides made a staccato escape. One that had a slow leak and was unaware of the gradual loss of tension, shape, volume. I'm not sure which balloon I am. Maybe both. The result is the same.

Limp. Useless. Spent.

I am believing this is normal.

I've been assured it is.

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

Adrenaline depletion is a bear. Praying that at least you have some time and space for your deflated state to be undisturbed. Hugs to you!