Friday, November 26, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Gratefuls


350. Ran my first 5K with Steph and Steve.
351. I still feel like running.
352. After months of failed automatic back-ups on the external drive, I figured out how to make the computer and the external drive talk to each other and got a successful back-up.
353. The computer died after the successful back-up.
354. Steve borrowed some equipment from a friend and was able to load the info directly from the old drives into the new computer. Even though we didn't even need the back-up, it was a relief to know it was available.
355. We got an iMac! I am supposed to love it! I am trying to figure it out and it's a good thing I like learning new languages! It's a good thing! (If delete = backspace, what = delete?)
356. Mo decided she was in charge of the Thanksgiving Feastmaking this year and I don't ever need to do it again. She did a fantastic job. Yum.
357. We invited friends over to eat with us at the last minute on Thanksgiving and we didn't even clean up the house like we were having guests and they didn't even care.
358. El's birthday event was a smashing success. And a surprise. And fun.
359. After a summer of drought I was sure the fall colors would not be very interesting. I was wrong. It was a spectacular season.

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

356&357: Can't really get any better than that!

I hope you will love your iMac. I envy your big, beautiful display. But I love to carry my laptop around. I do love my mac very much. I use the iLife apps all the time. Play with the editing in iPhoto. So simple, yet powerful. It's the best thing about my mac. If it had a text tool it would be perfect. I still love it. And iMovie. And iDVD. Have fun!

Woman in a Window said...

You've a lot to be thankful for. It's good to see you in such a good place.

Post happy Thanksgiving:)

xo
erin

Star Forbis said...

Welcome to the world of Mac! It will take awhile, but you will come to like it! I finally did, after my husbands constant encouraging! :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And congrats on the 5K! You go girl!