Sunday, May 2, 2010

the best ice water

Sometimes I start to write something but something else shoves its way in and decides to take over.

So tree pruning and Death and Dying Reports will just have to wait for another day, because there is only one thing to say right now.


I get myself a glass of ice water and sit down to write. A certain daughter snatches the glass out of my hand and drinks some of my cold water. I breathe out my Longsuffering Mother Sigh and pretend it really bothers me.

She says I make the best ice water.
She kisses my cheek and says I am the best mommy ever.
She grins her grin.
And she says goodnight.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Sweet girl. Sweet relationship. Smart mom to know that everything else can wait. Savor.

imbeingheldhostage said...

awwww, you can't beat a good mother-daughter relationship :-)