Monday, October 19, 2009

Let's hear some virtual applause

Sometimes I feel like I'm being dragged along by technology.

A few months ago, I was in the church parking lot to pick up Mo from youth group. I didn't feel like getting out of the car, so I sent her a text to let her know I was there. She answered, and then I texted back to let her know that I was at the front door. The trouble is, my second text consisted of a single word.

"Reply"

She did.

"?"

See, I had planned to reply with an actual message. But my old brain got confuzzled.

It kind of happened again the other night. I thought of a brilliant status update for facebook. I got my phone, hit the facebook app and 'wrote something' -- directly to Mo's wall. Apparently the app opens facebook at whatever you were doing last. Mo would probably say I had been stalking her. But she would be wrong. I had been looking at her wall and there is a difference, thank you very much.

I got the giggles. Somehow I explained what was so funny. She thought it was funny too.

Stefanie "would like to take this opportunity to offer a round of virtual applause to the inventors of the following: crock pots, corn bread, and garbage disposals."

Stefanie "Oops that was supposed to be my status! Hahahaha"

Mo "Why, thank you mother! No other person has ever commented me on my many inventions!"

Mo "Reply"

Stefanie "tee hee"

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Oh, she has your sense of humor. How fun!

Star Forbis said...

Very funny! I can relate.

Life As I Know It said...

I just learned how to text recently, and my husband laughs because none of my texts make sense.