Sunday, May 31, 2009

Giving Gratefuls

171. Surprising someone.

172. Meeting a neighbor.

173. Root systems.

174. Dirt under my fingernails.

175. An abundance to share.

176. Dog kisses that do not make contact, but communicate the sentiment anyway.

178. Daughters who made dinner and dessert while I dug.

179. Steve swooping in to dig out the last few things when my strength was gone.

180. Sitting on the concrete bench in our newly rearranged, de-tigerlillified little garden using a big spoon to eat melty orange sherbet from a Christmas mug and examining the small butterfly that landed on my aching thigh.

5 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

All good
and now your weary bones
can relax.

Tracy P. said...

This is delightful. This is when you should live next door to me!

All dog kisses should be like that. ;-)

Rayne said...

Amen for number 178.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Sounds like very productive and rewarding gratefuls:)

I too like meeting new neighbors and enjoying sherbet after a good days work (even if not working..tehe).

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today..still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.