Monday, March 9, 2009

Barbie's evil deed revisited

Barbie is 50 years old today.

When Barbie was 40, she and Ken lived with the four of us in Married Student Housing. El and Mo let her out of the box occasionally. Hindsight tells me that maybe she was suffering some sort of mid-life crisis. 40 can do that to a girl.

We're not sure where she's holed up now. She skipped town shortly after paparazzi, er, Steve caught her in the act and took this picture of her.

Here's hoping that Barbie finds herself in a better place as she celebrates this milestone.

Someone please tell me that 50 will be better than 40 was.
..

9 comments:

Tracy P. said...

I think Ken had just asked her what she had done all day. 50 will be better than 40 if Ken has wised up a little.

stefanie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! You made my day!

Tracy P. said...

:-)

Deb said...

it appears that barbie was carjacking ken!

50 had BETTER be better than 40. isn't oprah always bragging about being in her 50's?

imbeingheldhostage said...

I love the way your mind works!

Woman in a Window said...

50 will be better than 40. There. Feel any better?

Straight to Your Hart said...

LOL...I am so jealous of her...She still looks the same at 50 as she did at 20!! If they want to make Barbie "real," they need to add drooping, sagging, fatty, and bags under her eyes to complete the look..fair right?! Want to know who her trainer/surgeon is!!! LOL..sorry got a little carried away..maybe because 40 is coming up for me ( I know a few years but I am on that downhill slide to it).

Star Forbis said...

Happy Birthday Barbie! I hope I look as good when I'm 50! (one can always hope, right?!)

Rayne said...

My Goodness! Barbie has certainly gotten cranky hasn't she? Maybe she just got tired of supporting Ken's lazy butt for the past 50 years.