Sunday, February 15, 2009

You know you are getting old when...

...you start confusing people on tv for your friends.

Let me 'splain.

A few years ago, we went to visit some people who shall remain nameless to protect our relationship.

Steve and I got quite a number of chuckles over comments like this, "Did you see what he was wearing?" "Did you hear what she said about...?"

These kinds of conversations should apply to people we know.

Not news anchors.

Not when referring to them using first names only.

Not completely out of context, several hours after broadcast.

Snicker, snicker, sigh, roll eyes. Feel superior.

Fast forward.

Here's how I know I have officially gotten old. While checking out one of my new favorite blogs, Sussing Out Lost, I discovered Jorge Garcia has a blog. I went to Jorge's blog and found out that Duff and the crew made the cake for Lost's 100th episode.

I yelled this.

I did.

I yelled, "Hurley has a blog and Duff made the cake!"

The best (or worst) thing about this rite of passage?

Steve understood.

Just so you know that I have truly crossed the line. Mary Alice is my favorite. She makes me laugh. I want to be her friend. And I would have thrown the hot pocket too, Hurley.

4 comments:

Deb said...

jack and i do this with the cast of Biggest Loser, so i get the point you are making. HOWEVER, i have no idea who duffy and hurl are. is this about Lost?

Woman in a Window said...

Don't know who you speak of, but I surely know what you speak of.

Straight to Your Hart said...

I am toast as I get older. I joke about being forgetful and when I have a slip of the tongue...Karma is all I have to say!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

LOL. I DO understand. I've been thinking about posting how my great friends Meredith, Derek and Christina are keeping me company through this deployment... I wonder if THEY keep a blog?