Saturday, December 27, 2008

some random ironies

El pointed out recently that a friend of hers had sent an email with the subject

FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: STOP CHAIN LETTERS!

She emailed her friend back and asked her if she found the whole thing ironic. Her friend asked what 'ironic' means. Sigh.


I have a "Piece of Flair" on Facebook that makes me smile. It says

IRONY:
The opposite of wrinkly.


I don't iron. Steve does. Sometimes.


I recently wrote that I don't like sharing.
"My" computer broke a few days ago.
I got a printer/scanner for Christmas.
The irony of these events does not escape me.

12 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

IRONY:
The opposite of wrinkly.

This has me busted up!

sorry 'bout your computer. That's no fun and then the printer, scanner, a little much to bare.

Givinya De Elba said...

Your ironies strike me, too. Sorry about the computer and then the printer/scanner thing ... Hmm.

Deb said...

irony or karma (or both) on the sharing bit?

did you have a great Christmas??? i am sure you made it wonderful, no matter what the circumstance. my good attitude faltered a bit, but i think i have recovered.

i had a big computer meltdown. mine finally died. luckily santa was very good to me this year and i am up and running.

i may have to track you down on facebook so i can stalk you more.

crazymumma said...

This is certainly wrinkly.

Rebekkah said...

FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: STOP CHAIN LETTERS


thats funny...lol

Straight to Your Hart said...

It almost sounds like Karma?! I don't iron either..sometimes my own (that's a story for some other time).

Hope you had a great holiday!

WheresMyAngels said...

It took me a few to figure out the Irony thing!! lol

If I had to share a computor with my husband, I would never be able to get on it.

Andrea Emerson said...

Your post made me smile :-)

Have a very blessed, fruitful 2009!

Cheers

Andrea

Tracy P. said...

*Giggle!* We might as well give our iron to Goodwill.

Why is it that irony often contains just a smidge of nuisance with it?

Sissy said...

I hate to iron. And I am pretty strict about not buying things that have to be ironed. It really just makes me sad to spend my time that way!

br8eyes said...

I don't iron either!
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a prosperous New Year!

CC said...

Bwhahaha! Love these all. Especially the chain letters. ;)

I don't iron either.