Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Haiku Evening

El, while watching "Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too" inspires haiku:

"Oh, he's so kee-yute!
I want my very own Pooh!"
Pooh jokes never fail.

I sit here writing inspired haiku and white noise slowly breaks my concentration. I head for the bathroom to jiggle the handle.

Handle needs jiggled!
Hey! That isn't the toilet.
The water runs hot.

All today's after school activities were canceled, due to the weather. In my opinion, the weather was highly overrated.

There's a plow out there.
The snow isn't piling up.
Optimism plows?

Today I got the news that I need progressive lenses. There's progress!

The eye doctor said
I have good eyes for one who
does not see so good

El waits for the computer. As Pooh says, "I mutht be going now!" Let me know if I need to edit.

At age forty three
Sharing should come easier
For me it doesn't

6 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Oh Stefanie, you are too much fun. I am sure that I will not be able to share my computer with two teenagers. And I will be fifty by then.

I love your haikus, and Pooh too.

My eyes did not get the memo that I was forty until I turned 44. Not bad.

By the way, I love your gratefuls!

Denise K. said...

Hi Stefanie!

Oh sharing the computer is tough stuff...I think you should get yourself a little lap top and then you can type and read blogs in the kitchen, on the sofa, etc... :-)

Love your haikus and pooh thoughts too!

Love from Colorado,
Denise :-)

Deb said...

too funny... and i really want to match wits with you and voice my comments in haiku format, but i just do NOT have it in me this evening. plus i always have to use my fingers to count out the syllables.

Woman in a Window said...

The eye doctor said
I have good eyes for one who
does not see so good.

HA! My favorite.

br8eyes said...

Share the computer....with a child of mine....can't quite do it yet. You are way better than me! Thinking about it now, I believe it's the only thing I don't share (maybe besides Ghirardelli raspberry filled squars).
Here's my haiku:
Sharing not for me
The computer is all mine
maybe someday

Straight to Your Hart said...

I think sharing is a fine art. I do not possess that talent!! Thank you for your gentle approach on situations in your life. Calms my heart.