Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wrightstown Farmer's Market

I went to the Wrightstown Farmer's Market a couple of weeks ago.



Exciting things were happening.



I watched the lady from Kaleidoscope Farm being interviewed for Jim Coleman's Healthy Flavors. I also bought some heavenly Honeycrisp apples there.



I got some bread from Great Harvest Bread. I bought the last loaf of the kind I wanted, so he gave me the other half of the sample loaf. Thanks!



Community Baptist Church has a garden. What a great idea!




I was introduced to purple hull peas.



And butter beans.




I stayed a long time at Lillies and Lavender. The owner's son and his friend were nice enough to let me take lots of pictures.






I love cosmos. They are so bright and cheery.








I also bought a bunch of basil, so I could make my favorite sandwich for lunch. Tomato, basil and mozzarella. Terrific!

I gave half the basil bunch to my neighbor and put the rest in water. It has sprouted roots, so now I am going to put my basil in dirt to see if it will grow.

Hope you enjoyed my trip to the Farmer's Market.

In looking for links for this post, I found a local blogger who had already visited and written about the Farmer's Market. Maybe My Garden Travels and I will cross paths someday.


Thanks for visiting my photo story, and be sure to go read other stories at:

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

22 comments:

Chris said...

Farmer's Market! That's my kind of weekend. Those pictures of the flowers are beautiful.
Nicely done!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

gorgeous beautiful - I'm so jealous - I love Farmer's Markets! not so great ones by me!

Cecily R said...

I love the Farmer's Market! There's just something oddly romantic about them to me...

And I LOVE LOVE Cosmos. They remind me of my mom. Your pics are FABULOUS!

Melissa said...

Wow, these are some great shots...in fact, frame worth shots...nice job!!

I really need to get to the Farmers Market before they close for the year!

WheresMyAngels said...

I thought those were pea pods, never seen butter beans I guess!

Catherine/MyGardenTravels said...

Hi Stefanie,

We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful market in our area. Word of mouth is a great way to promote people in a green business, and you blog was a great help.

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, I love the farmers market. Love love love it..

Kelly - PTT said...

Our family LOVES farmers markets and I feel so badly that we didn't visit them every week this summer. Kicking myself, actually:) The kids favorite picks are sweet peas and carrots and now squash.

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my husband's birthday post. It's so nice to "meet" you!

Straight to Your Hart said...

The pictures of the flowers are beautiful. I loved going on a stroll with you through the market. They are my favorite places to visit during the summer..now if I'd have only done it more!! The food looks so good as well...

Scribbit said...

Oh the flowers! The produce! I'm so jealous--it's all lovely!

angie said...

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything looks so fresh.....

Rachel said...

Those flowers are AMAZING!!!!!! I wish there was a decent farmer's market close to us!

My PSF is finally up!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Love farmers markets and I love the flower pictures especially. Very pretty.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oooh, what lovely pictures. I so feel ya, our trips to the local farmers market have come to a close too. Sniff sniff. These were such beautiful shots!

Kellan said...

What a great day - the floral photos are beautiful and I would love to get some of those fresh beans!

Have a great weekend - Kellan

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The farmers is always such an interesting fun place to visit.
The flowers are beautiful.

Steph said...

I so wish my town dida farmers market....they don't. Sad.
Thanks for visiting me!

Denise K. said...

What beautiful photos, and what a lovely way to spend a weekend! Ah, there is nothing like fresh breads, veggies, and flowers to boost our moods! Enjoy! :-)

Tracy P. said...

The hydrangea looks like it went through the wash with the cosmos and the colors ran--that is SO cool!

Chris said...

I just read your comment and yes that is a "Fragile" leg lamp -- stick around for a couple of months and I'll post a picture of the one I made, that I like to display in the front room window, at Christmas time (the soft glow of electric sex, gleaming in the window) -- much to the chagrin of my tolerant wife.

womaninawindow said...

I'm so green...with ENVY! We're totally past the growing season here. Officially in the dying season, I think. Those fresh veggies look amazing. It's the simple things, right?

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]download windows vista, [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]selling a software[/url]
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]sales quote software[/url] softwares prices student discount for software
computer software discounts for [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]filemaker pro 10 bible[/url] adobe creative suite 3 design premium upgrade
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]filemaker pro 10 torrent[/url] discount software house review
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]microsoft music software[/url] microsoft software audit
office trial software [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]teachers discount software[/url][/b]