Monday, October 13, 2008

Nostalgic Pause

Happy Birthday, Paddington!

When my girls were about this age...



they loved this bear...



Yep, that was during the Big 'Ol Frog Era.

The Gene Kelly version of Singing in the Rain was on recently. Mo told me that she didn't know there was any version besides the Paddington version.

Since it is Paddington's birthday and the Paddington video is long gone, we had to watch on YouTube.

I asked, "So what do you think of Paddington now?"

"I love Paddington!" El said with a bit of a catch in her voice.

I feel a bit teary just now.

"What about you, Mo?"

"He still sort of freaks me out."

I never knew.


Sometime soon, pause to be nostalgic. Write about it and sign Mr. Linky so I can walk down memory lane with you.





9 comments:

Denise K. said...

Oh fun! I love seeing old photos and reading about MEMORIES!!! Thanks for giving us an opportunity to share ours...I remember Paddington Bear and loved him too! Ahhh...are we getting older? Nah...just the kids are! I'll try to do another post of similar genre and will link to that since this one is a few days old. Thanks so much for this post...can't wait to read everyone's memories!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Loved Paddington Bear...I was so excited when I thought he was making a come back....I will be doing the Pause to...soon..need to think back...cause I know there is plenty...Thanks for your post and thank you for being so kind commenting to me!! Have a good day...That video made me smile today and I wanted to go and play in the rain...

Ronnica said...

I loved Paddington as a kid! Tracy sent me over here.

angie said...

What a great idea. Will you be doing this every week? If so, I'll have to participate next week if I can get it together.

Deb said...

grr...i missed it! stopped by for ww (by the way, yours is amazing), but scrolled down to THIS! love the whole concept. i want to play next time. guess i'll have to follow you.

MommyWizdom said...

My post for Nostalgic is up! Sorry it took me so long - I had to round up the photos for it. Your topic was too good to pass up.

I loved your Paddington story!

:-)

womaninawindow said...

Huh, I've just returned from my trip and I remember I found you just before I left. I've had to remember you, to learn you a bit anew. And I value what I read here. You rock, sister! What great ideas you have!

WheresMyAngels said...

Now, I know what you meant when you said you had a linky! I was wondering what post you were referring too. Glad I found it. Give me a few days(or weeks, lol) and I'll get one up!

You should of put up a grab link for others to post on their blog(hint hint, now spend a few more hours on the net).

stefanie said...

It's on the sidebar, but you're right, I could put it here too.

Too lazy.