Saturday, October 11, 2008

Double Stuff

Cam, I Am and I went out for lunch yesterday. It was yummy. After that, we went to the Liberry. Then we had ice cream. It was a Double Stuff Oreo kind of afternoon. Lunch and ice cream were the chocolate cookie outside, but the double filling came in the middle. Half of the creamy center was our conversation. It was ours. It was good. The other half of the creamy middle was a conversation at the Liberry.

Cam, I Am held up a book in the new releases section and said she had been thinking about reading it. The other lady that was there with us said that she had read the book. She spoke highly of the characters, the protagonist, and the plot. I studied her as she talked. Cam, I am says she was prim and proper. She was. Hair fresh from the salon. Nicely made up, wearing a sweet pink sweater, khaki pants and a sparkly necklace. Obama 08 pin on her left side, book folded in left arm, and cane in right hand. She was precious. A perfect pink picture. I interrupted their chatting with a question. Was she a writer or a teacher? Neither one. Just a reader. I asked what's next, pointing to the book she held. Sly smile. Title offered.

A Woman's Guide to Urinary Incontinence.

A woman who reads for pleasure and knowledge, I said. I hoped the earth would swallow me whole. I am so blogging this, I said. She, being pretty and pink and sharper than me left a pearl of wisdom. You know those Kegels? I tell my 50 year old daughter to start now.

Can a girl giggle and Kegel at the same time?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was one of those moments that will be perfectly captured in my mind forever. The whole day, actually was pretty darn perfect. Double stuffed, indeed.

Straight to Your Hart said...

LOL...it might be possible..cough..cough!!

YOur description of her is so good and what a fun day at the Liberry and ice cream...small moments create the best memories!

Givinya De Elba said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm glad you enjoy reading it - I enjoy writing it, but never fully understand how many people there are out there who read it, laugh and then read it out to their husbands and kids!

And Kegels - I started as a teenager with a view to getting a headstart before childbirth. They don't seem to have done me much good! Pah.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so funny! I bet she wanted to crawl into a hole also!

I hate kegals. Probably the reason, I'll be in depends soon.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh MY! such a harmless question...oh my!

I am glad you blogged about it, I giggled (not divulging whether I kegeled or not!):-)

Tracy P. said...

What a great description of a precious encounter. I think giggling is probably just as helpful as kegels if you can do it faithfully!