Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Soccer Rainbow


El has been playing soccer eight years.

Eight years? Where has the time gone?

She started playing in Kindergarten. She was on the Purple team. Their assigned nickname was the Dandelions.

The Purple Dandelions.

The goalies picked a lot of grass. They chased butterflies. The dad behind the goal told them the ball was coming.

They did some cartwheels and somersaults. Sometimes they kicked the ball.

The Purple Dandelions and their opponents bunched and traveled the field as a bouquet. Purple and Yellow, or Orange, or Red.

Once, Coach Brian asked who was tired and needed a sub. El raised her hand.

She had just.
gone.
in.

Sideline bunching was exhausting too.

So many seasons. So many colors.

Purple, Orange, Teal, Orange again, Red, Yellow, Maroon, Maroon again, Dark Blue, Light Blue and now...Lilac.

Lilac?

Lilac.


It's WordFUL Wednesday.

13 comments:

MommyWizdom said...

Very nice - will you come and do my scrapbook?!

Mine's up too.

Denise K. said...

Oh what great memories!!! I love all the colors! One year our daughter was on the "Princess Viper" team...pink snakes with crowns...very intimidating indeed! Enjoy these great photos and the MEMORIES! :-)

WheresMyAngels said...

So your a soccer mom! Is that influencing your vote any??

Oh Wait, that is hockey moms!! lol

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

great shots!!

stefanie said...

The only pictures I work with are digital, some of the previous are still in the envelopes. I did buy albums recently though.

Princess Vipers should be a band!

I actually wanted to do a post called

Soccer Mom. Scared of Pit Bulls. Doesn't wear lipstick.

But this one morphed into a different animal, and I try to avoid politics in every aspect of my life. It's become a full time job...

Thanks! Can't wait to come visit all of you.

PJ said...

I remember standing behind the goal. To this day I don't know if it is legal to be freeing a child's foot from the webbing of the goal while the ball is in play. I am pretty sure that cartwheels into the net are not a good idea.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Good for HEr!!! It's gotta be an all girls league..team..with all those colors..tehe!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you have a little player on your hands. Has she gotten better?

MommyWizdom said...

I would love to come Pause with you - please send me a reminder or I'll forget. :-)

AVT Coach said...

Love the collage. Kids and team sports are so funny. My daughter played t ball and soccer. In t ball they put her in the field. She was actually in "left field" with her eyes to the sky looking at clouds. Only one year of t-ball... now we know why.
So glad your daughter has a child's life of memories playing the game.

Chris said...

The Purple Dandelions? They must have struck fear into the hearts of the opposing team -- who I am assuming had an equally frightening name, like the green oranges. I know if I ever saw a purple dandelion, I'd be freaked!
p.s. I had a feeling you would get Young Frankenstein.

Becoming Me said...

I love that collage

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have all my kids sports buttons on the front of my fridge. 4 kids x countless seasons of soccer, baseball, cheer, water polo. I love the rainbow of uniforms too.