Monday, August 25, 2008

< / s t a y c a t i o n >

Our staycation is over, and today was back to the working world.

Sigh.



After work, Mo and I went to the grocery store and while she was picking out some hair clips and hair bands and who knows what else hair stuff...

She said, "After 20 years, you deserve a new curling iron."

My curling iron is a round brush with like 6 rows of spiky things sticking out of it. Many of the spiky things are broken off. It hurts when they poke my head. The remaining spiky things are slightly caked with hair product. It has been a while since I cleaned it, now that I think about it.

BUT it is not 20 years old. More like 15.

"Do you really think I need a new one?"

"Yeah..." Spoken in the tone of DUH.

"OK, thanks for taking care of me."

Got myself an anniversary present today. At the grocery store. I deserve it.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Sorry I didn't think to get you a curling iron for you anniversary present.

WheresMyAngels said...

Who was it, on someone's blog I was reading the other day, they spent 75 dollars on a straightening iron! Yikes. I could buy like 7 for that price.

stefanie said...

Wow, they are cheaper at the grocery store.