Sunday, August 31, 2008

A few words from El

Yo! El here! This is my first official guest blog! Won’t find this entry any where else. This is a once in a lifetime chance people!!! (That is, if I don’t become a famous author. Then you’ll know me!)

Yeah, this is El, Stefanie’s daughter. One day she (mom) came up to me and Mo and asked us to come and write a guest blog. So I’ve been thinking. And thinking. And thinking. So here’s what I came up with. NOTHING. Zip. Zilch. None. Nada. (or how ever you spell it.) Mom wants me to write about myself, but how much can I say that won’t attract those creepy stalker-ish weirdo’s?

So I’ll write a very little bio about the El bel.

I like green. I like blue better.


Now that we have gotten to know each other better….


I wrote a poem! Or two! Yay!


Poem Numero Uno:


Why?

A poem by El


Why do we get to choose our husband

When there are other girls who are arranged

Or sold to a man?


Why are the nicest people we know

The ones who have been

Hurt

Disabled

Or neglected?


Why do we get to stuff ourselves at every meal

While there is a child somewhere

Dying of hunger

At this moment?


Why do we have the privilege to choose our president

When another Man is being beaten to death

Just because

He disagreed with a dictator?


Why do we ignore our families

When there is a mother who has to give up

Her child

Since it is against the law to have

More than one?


Why do we get a fancy heating system

When a man in colder weather

Can’t even afford shoes?


Why are we so spoiled

When the only difference

Between us

And the rest of the world

Is that we were born

Somewhere else?


Why can’t it be fair?

Why are we so different?



I like that poem better than this one….


Poem Nomero Dos:


My Way

A(nother) poem by El


If I had it my way

Best friends and parents would never die

But if it was my way

Their love wouldn’t be as unique


If I had it my way

Everyone would have a happy ending

But if it was my way

Fairytales wouldn’t warm our hearts


If I had it my way

Summer would never turn to fall

But if it was my way

We would always be over-heated


If I had it my way

There wouldn’t be such thing as a frown

But if it was my way

Smiles wouldn’t make our day


If I had it my way

There would be no learning in school

But if it was my way

We wouldn’t have the modern comforts that we have today


If I had it my way

A broken heart would be easily mended

But if it was my way

A scratch would be an extreme injury


If I had it my way

The world would never run out of chocolate

But if it was my way

Candy wouldn’t taste as sweet


If I had it my way

Boys would make sense

But if it was my way

There would be a little less mystery in the world


If I had it my way

There wouldn’t be any war or violence

But if it was my way

Peace wouldn’t be our goal


This concludes El’s guest blog. Hope you enjoyed it!!

4 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

Those were great! You got alot of style! Wheres your photo to go with it?

angie said...

Loved this post. The poems were lovely, and revealed so much.....who needs a bio after that?

Star Forbis said...

Great job! I LOVED the poems. You are wise beyond your years. Thanks for sharing.

Star Forbis said...

Great Job!
I LOVED the poems. You are wise beyond your years.
Thanks for sharing.