Thursday, August 7, 2008

20 yrs = 20 lbs

I gained 20 pounds in the last 20 years.

Steve says, "It took you 20 pounds to gain 20 years?"

I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Our family is going to do one hundred push ups together.

So far, I can do 2.

My friend Mary is going to join us too.

Will you?

I first heard about it here. Since I am a procrastinator, it took me a while to get going.

I wonder if doing push ups will help me to lose some of my 20 pounds.

I'll keep the 20 years, thank you very much.

4 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Hi Stefanie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I did NOT come here to sign up for doing push ups, so we'll just get that out of the way right up front! ;-) I'll cheer for you though.

We just celebrated ten years, and I did a series of posts leading up to that. Fun to reflect on how far God has brought us! Congratulations to you and Steve!

WheresMyAngels said...

No push ups for me!! lol

20 pounds in 20 years is not bad at all!! lol 80 pounds in 20 years in another story (my story to be exact)

Good N Crazy said...

I did NOT read the post right after this one....Don't have a copy of the book yet...I didn't love number 3 in the series so I'm procrastinating!

And this post is cracking me up. Push ups always surprise me...I can do maybe 10 decent ones when I start, but in only a week I can do so many and I can see a difference in my daily activities! AND I never lose any weight that way!

Hmmm, I'm calculating my weight/year...more like 25 lbs in 15 years...That sucks.

I've had a rotten summer with foot surgery and NO exercise. I am so on board with push ups at least! We are in the middle of moving and nothing is working right now.

Thanks for your comment, um...sorry this one got so long!!

angie said...

I could actually use some push ups, although I'm a wimp. 20 lbs. in 20 years is actually quite commendable! :)