Tuesday, July 1, 2008

things we leave behind

I have felt a bit guilty lately. A few months ago I started working on purging my stuff. I haven't done anything about getting rid of stuff lately, but I have not brought in more stuff. There is a small victory in the Stuff War at least.

Steve is taking the week 'off'. He needs a break, and even though he is still working a lot, he isn't keeping the usual hours. He said the other day that he needed to figure out what he was going to get done. My automatic reaction was,
I hope he doesn't get rid of my stuff!

This morning I recalled when we were preparing to leave our friends, our church and our cute house in Utah for a small apartment, a new church, and new friends while Steve went to Denver Seminary. The whole time that we were preparing, getting rid of stuff, I kept listening to this song. It made it so much easier to let things go. Things are just stuff!


So here's Michael Card singing Things We Leave Behind. I'm glad for this reminder, and I hope that it will help you find freedom from the things you leave behind too.

2 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

I often get scared that my husband is going to get rid of my stuff also. It is funny cause I probably would never notice it was gone.

stefanie said...

I probably wouldn't either!