Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh. Ready?

Do you know where that line comes from?

I need a good laugh today. I miss Steve and Mo because they are away at Camp Tel Hai. I'm stressed about some things. I need a good laugh.

I find all of these things funny. Maybe you will laugh too. I hope so.


These dumpsters are all over the place around here. These are brand new ones, so they don't hold the charm and visual impact that the more seasoned variety holds. Did you know that dumpsters are called 'tips' in South Africa? That makes me smile, but Vile Dumpsters ALWAYS make me laugh.

My friend Cam, I am is not a big fan of 'Northern Biscuits'. We call them bagels. She told me why she didn't like them the other day. Maybe she will leave a comment and tell you what she thinks of them. It's funny. I laughed.

Here are some quotes from our family. All of them made me laugh. Enjoy.

Mo and Steve were watching men's lacrosse one day. She used to play lacrosse. It's the only place I've ever seen a competitive side to her...
Mo: What was the call?
Steve: Check to the head.
Mo: Those hurt. I know, I've given a few.

Proof that my tax dollars are giving my child a top notch education, or maybe that other middle school students are negating it, or that this quote has nothing to do with knowledge...
El, a few weeks ago:
What's cervical cancer? Cuz some kid did his report on Napoleon Bonaparte, and he said that Napoleon died from cervical cancer. Everyone laughed. Why is that funny?

In the car, on the way to the book store...
El: I really want a rat.
Me: You can have one when you move out.
El: WhYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyy?
Steve: You don’t have to, you know.

El: I meant why do I have to wait til I move out?


Proof that teenagers can turn ANYTHING into an insult...
El: Wow, Dad, that pickle smells. I never noticed how much pickles smell
Mo: You smell.

Sometimes, I even make myself laugh...
If you're going to exaggerate, at least be accurate ~ Me to Steve.

I've often thought that we should write a marriage blog together, and call it Exaggerating Accurately, or something like that. Those two words sum up what being married is all about. Two people who see the same things differently trying to make sense of...everything.

Our 20th Anniversary is August 20th. I'm planning to share 20 things in honor of 20 years beginning Friday, which happens to be the 1st of August in case you needed an accurate ending. Actually I needed it.

Here's the answer to the question:

Ready!
[they all throw their heads back and laugh]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beleive that Cam, I am's comment about bagels went like this: Biscuits are just like bagels - only biscuits are warm, soft, and taste good. Long live Self rising flour, Crisco, sweet milk, and a cast iron skillet to cook those babies in....

angie said...

Congrats on 20 years! Fabulous!

WheresMyAngels said...

I want a biscuit now!

Okay, I love the Vile dumpsters!

Happy almost 20 years!

Amy said...

Thank you for the kind words on my blog. It is comforting to know that others can relate to how I feel and I am not alone. :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Hey girl, how was it living in Ft Collins? My dh and I thought about moving there and looked thru some ads. I'm just not sure how good the job market is there. I just love Poudre and the coolest thing was that restaurant up at Red Feather is still serving my favorite burrito after 23 years of not being there. They also served some other things I'm going to blog about later!! lol

stefanie said...

We loved Ft. Collins. I e-mailed the rest of my answer...

Thanks everyone for visiting!

Kristi Smith said...

I had to come to someone else's blog to see my sister is thinking about moving to Fort Collins. lol She won't move (now watch me write that and then she moves). I have to admit that I think it would be pretty great to live there too. Too far away from family for me though (guess my sister doesn't care about family). ;)

I have been reading through the blog. Did you ever find a sponsor for Neomy (now I can't remember if that was her name)? That whole blog entry made me tear up.

I think Vile is the perfect name for those dumpsters.

Happy early Anniversary! It will be 14 years for us in Sept. So hard to believe, where does the time go?

Thanks for stopping by the blog.

And the horseback ride was wonderful at Beaver Meadows. :)

stefanie said...

Kristi,

I'm gonna totally avoid the family comments. tee hee.

When we got Jithin's packet a couple of days ago, they said that she would get a sponsor, but there wasn't one yet.

Sorry I mistook Beaver Meadows for RF...I would go horseback riding anywhere actually.

Congrats to you on 14 years, and thanks for coming by.

El and I are off to have lunch with Cam, I am at the restaurant that's near the VILE Dumpsters. We won't be eating Northern Biscuits. They have my very favorite sandwich in the entire world, and I will write a love letter about it soon.

Kristi Smith said...

Oh, Beaver Meadows is basically at RF, I was just mentioning again that we really enjoyed it.

I would enjoy sponsoring a child, we have only been able to have one child, need to discuss it with my hubby. But I would be devastated if I wasn't able to have any sort of contact or know what happened to them if they had to move.