Thursday, July 17, 2008

noreply-comment@blogger.com

To: noreply-comment@blogger.com,

Silly me!

All this time I thought that when someone made a comment on my blog, I could reply to them by simply hitting the ‘Reply’ button on the comment notification e-mail that I received from Gmail.

Silly me!

Did I ever bother to look at the To: box in my reply?

No I did not.

Well, I should have.

If I had, I would have known that you, noreply-comment@blogger.com, have been intercepting my comment replies.

So would you please pass on the following:

To ayumills: I really do love your blog.

To steph: That's ok, that's how we can tell if someone is talking about you or me!

To Morgan from the Cornelia Marie: Thanks Morgan!

You should have identified yourself so that all my 4 readers could know who commented. Thanks for visiting...

I really do want to see Captain Phil's tattoos.

Maybe I should have said I want a Cornelia Marie hoodie too??

Your blog and website are lots of fun. Good job!

To everyone else I couldn’t track down in my sent mail folder. Sorry! Don't let my silence give you the impression that I don't want to hear from you.

By the way, noreply-comment@blogger.com, don't bother to reply. You won’t be hearing from me again.

I hope.

*****

update 08/10/08:

Carissa and Angie have great explanations why I could not reply directly to comments. Check your profile settings to make sure that someone will be able to reply to your comments.


update 4/24/09:

Carissa has a second tutorial that's even better than the one above. Go read it now! She has a link to her other bloggy tutorials at the bottom of the post that's worth a good browse. Go read it now!

9 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so funny!! I still don't know how people email me after I leave a comment on their blog. I mean I would understand it if they had to look me up and email me. But the email includes my comments. Oh well someday.

Blarney said...

Thanks for droping in!~

Hairline Fracture said...

It would be much easier if you could respond to comments that way!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I there glad I'm not the only one trying to get the word out about this!

I've even written a better tutorial, if you are interested?

http://goodandcrazypeople.blogspot.com/2008/09/dear-no-reply-blogger.html

cheers!

Marli Marlei said...

devolvendo comentário..
acho que deve ter mais coisas
mais opçao
ta muito furreca esse site

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at becauseipause.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Quite right! I like this idea, I completely with you agree.

Anonymous said...

You commit an error. Write to me in PM.