Monday, July 28, 2008

Can I say anything meaningful in 4 minutes and 1 second?

Kat is hosting Music Monday. My answer: lyrics. I wanted to write this anyway.

I am giving myself 4 minutes and 1 second to say this:

Start here

On the right, click

instead of a show



We've been enjoying Jon Foreman's solo works. They are powerful, introspective, interesting...

convicting.

Yesterday I listened to this song several times. Yeah, I cried because that's what I do lately.

Whose blood is on my hands? Why do I turn my back on the homeless? What religion games am I playing?

Ok, so it took me 15 minutes to say that. Maybe you should click the links, skip all my words and read the following.

Instead let there be a flood of justice
An endless procession of righteous living, living
Instead let there be a flood of justice
Instead of a show

Isaiah 1:11-17
Amos 5:18-21



4 comments:

thesecretlifeofkat said...

Being a music person, you'd think I would have listened to Jon Foreman by now....but I haven't. Thanks for the reminder - I'm off to listen.

sarah chia said...

I think this song was one the nailed the music aspect, too. He's definitely got an interesting and cool sound.

tracy said...

"Instead of a Show" is powerful. I'm total agreement and so tired of "the show" we see in the church. Thank you for visiting my blog so that I could visit yours and be exposed to Jon Foreman.

tracy said...

Okay, I think I'm posting twice but, I might be wrong so sorry if this is a double post. Anyhoo, the song "Instead of a Show" is powerful. Great music and the words resonate within me. "The show" of church makes me tired and sad. I'd love there to be a flood of justice and passion in faith in the US.

Thanks for visiting my blog so that I could discover yours!