Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Box Formerly Known as My Computer

I got the Box Formerly Known as My Computer back a while ago. It's a stranger to me.

Sample pictures flash by on the little tiny slide show instead of our awesome dude ranch photos. All my shortcuts and bookmarks and gadgets are gone. Not to mention all our financial data. Maybe that part isn't so bad. If I can't see Microsoft Money, do I have to balance the checkbook?

So many decisions to be made. Should I replace the Australian flag clock that I downloaded for Mo thinking it was the Union Jack? I could just get the flag that matches London time. Or do I celebrate my former ignorance?

It's kind of like MASH when they replaced Henry Blake with Colonel Potter. I know he will do a great job, but I sure do miss all that quirky familiarity. We were on a first name basis. It's going to take some time to break in the new guy. To figure him out. Then I'll love him, too. Sure hope Sherman has a lot of good years left in him.

Sure hope I do backups this time.

No comments: