Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Stuff

We are going to update the basement. The idea is to make it a more inviting place for El,Mo and their friends. We got a big tv last summer. Steve got surround sound for Christmas. Now we need to get rid of stuff.

The problem is
I have a hard time getting rid of stuff.

I like to keep stuff. Not like people you hear about on the news, with their newspapers stacked to the ceiling in the living room, or trash stacked up on the kitchen counters. BUT there is a lot of stuff stacked nearly to the ceiling in the back room of the basement. In my defense, we don't have a garage. If we did, I would stack my stuff in the rafters, and maybe it wouldn't bother Steve so much. Since that is not an option, it's past time to get rid of stuff.

My Bible Study group is working through Jennifer Rothschild's Walking by Faith: Lessons Learned in the Dark. In last week's lesson, she mentioned that the need to 'control' is a form of greed.

Greed is tied to my need to keep (control) my stuff.

It's time to let go.

,
stefanie


No comments: